— Who can apply?
International artists who have an unpublished original project. An unpublished project is a project that has never been published in a printed format such as a book or a fanzine, etc. Reviews, articles, or online publications are not considered published projects.
The artists therefore must declare that:
- the work submitted has never been published by a publishing house.
- if the work was previously self-published, then it must have been published in less than 15 copies. Please note that the projects printed in less than 15 copies, but with a registration number (ISBN), will not be taken into consideration.
— Terms & conditions
The following conditions are mandatory for the winner of the First Prize:
- The book will be produced and published by Yogurt Editions in an edition of 500 copies.
- Yogurt will work freely on the design of the book and decide the selling price.
- Yogurt will bear the expenses of production, project management and sale of the first edition.
- The artist will receive 30 free copies of the book and 10% royalties on copies sold, with a six-monthly report.
- The proceeds from the sale of the book will go to Yogurt Editions.
- The artist who will need more than 30 copies will be able to purchase them from the publisher at a 40% discount on the sale price (maximum of 100 copies).
— How to submit
The application fee is € 25. This fee covers the overall expenses related to reviewing, designing, curating, and producing the projects. The candidates are invited to send the following materials to email@example.com via WeTransfer:
- a folder with minimum 40 images from the same project
- a PDF file with the title of the project, artist’s name and email, and the project synopsis
- a signed copy of the publishing contract
- the payment receipt for the participation fee
- the edited PDF of the project might help the jury to better understand the project, but it’s not mandatory.
The publishing contract can be downloaded here.
Only projects received by
August 25, 2023, at 6 pm (IT time) will be accepted in the competition.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: September 1, 2023, at 6 pm (IT time
The artist declares to be the owner of all copyright and usage rights of the images. By signing the contract, the rights to use the images of the selected project will be given free of charge to the association Associazione Culturale Paper Room, which is the tax entity on which Yogurt bases it’s self, organizer of the Charta Festival. This copyright transfer will be valid only for the fi rst edition of the book and the associated online and offline communication.